Engine Blue, Series 3 Land Rovers, was a traditional single part Synthetic Coach Enamel paint, used by the Landrover to paint the 3 Bearing petrol and diesel engines from around 1971 until the commencement of the 5 Bearing cranked units. It was also used on some other Rover and Land Rover engines around this time, including reconditioned units for earlier vehicles. It is a perfect Coach Enamel for the discerning restoration specialist or enthusiast. This Coach Paint shade has been checked against new genuine engine parts that have not seen the light of day since leaving Land Rover many years ago. This has been confirmed as the correct colour by a professional restorer who rebuilds nothing but leaf sprung Land Rovers and has done since the early 1970’s.
Engine Blue, Series 3 Land Rovers – Further information for your interest
- Technical bits you may want to know. Paintman Engine Blue, for Series 3 Land Rovers Coach Paint is a traditional, ultra high quality, high build, long oil synthetic enamel. It is ideal for brushing, rollering or spray application. If you are choosing to spray your Engine Blue you should use the correct Paintman Thinners. These Thinners are specifically blended to get the best quality finish. Paintman Engine Blue for Series 3 Land Rovers give you the ultimate high gloss, build and scratch filling properties. This also combines with excellent water resistant, flexibility, toughness and good exterior durability. Paintman Coach Enamel also gives an extra long wet edge time allowing it to be brushed without brush drag.
- Ensure surfaces being painted are dry, and cleaned to remove all contaminants, using our Surface cleaner 2800 for painted surfaces or our Surface Cleaner 2802 for bare metal, these will remove oil and other contamination off the surface to be painted. Just prior to painting, wipe the surface with a Tack Rag to remove dust and other loose contaminants.
- Sizes available. Engine Blue, for Series 3 Land Rovers can be ordered in 500 ml, 1 litre, 2.5 litre or 5 litre cans. If you require different quantities please contact us.
- For more information please have a look at our methods of use page. Alternatively, ask us a question at our Contact page.
- Paintman Paints have been awarded the World Host Accreditation for Customer Excellence. Everything we stock we use. There is no compromise. Quality is our key we will not compromise on this goal.