Land Rover Engine Blue, Series 2,2A is a traditional single part Synthetic Coach Enamel paint, used by Land Rover to paint the petrol engines from around 1958 until the early 1970s. This shade of Engine Blue was also used on some other Rover and Land Rover engines around this time. This included reconditioned units for earlier vehicles. It is a perfect Coach Enamel for the discerning restoration specialist or enthusiast. The Engine Blue shade was matched against an untouched original 2 litre Diesel engine with a reconditioned Cylinder Head fitted later in life. The block, also untouched was painted in Engine Grey. It was further checked on a 2.25 petrol engine of the early 1960s. The colour shade was corroborated by a Series 2 Club member for accuracy at the time of the final colour decision. This has also confirmed by a professional Series Land Rover restorer who rebuilds nothing but leaf sprung vehicles and has done since the early 1970’s.
Land Rover Engine Blue, Series 2,2A – more information of interest
- Technical bits you may want to know. Paintman Land Rover Engine Blue for Series 2 and 2A Coach Paint is a traditional, ultra high quality, high build, long oil synthetic enamel. It is ideal for brushing, rollering or spray application. If you are choosing to spray your Land Rover Engine Blue you should use the correct Paintman Thinners. These Thinners are specifically blended to get the best quality finish. Paintman Engine Blue for Series 2 and 2A Land Rovers give you the ultimate high gloss, build and scratch filling properties. This also combines with excellent water resistant, flexibility, toughness and good exterior durability. Paintman Coach Enamel also gives an extra long wet edge time allowing it to be brushed without brush drag.
- Ensure surfaces being painted are dry, and cleaned to remove all contaminants, using our Surface cleaner 2800 for painted surfaces or our Surface Cleaner 2802 for bare metal, these will remove oil and other contamination off the surface to be painted. Just prior to painting, wipe the surface with a Tack Rag to remove dust and other loose contaminants.
- Sizes available. Land Rover Engine Blue for Series 2 and 2A Land Rovers can be ordered in 500 ml, 1 litre, 2.5 litre or 5 litre cans for your convenience. If you require different quantities please contact us.
- For more information please have a look at our methods of use page. Alternatively, ask us a question at our Contact page.
- Paintman Paints have been awarded the World Host Accreditation for Customer Excellence. Everything we stock we use. There is no compromise. Quality is our key we will not compromise on this goal.