RAF Blue Matt Pre 1956. RAF Blue Matt Pre 1956 was the standard colour, however, the new RAF Blue Grey gloss started to filter in from around 1953. RAF Blue Matt is a traditional single part Synthetic Coach Enamel paint used by the Royal Air Force. This was employed for many years for the majority of their vehicles and equipment up until 1956 approximately. It is a lighter, brighter blue than the later RAF Blue Grey and is a perfect Coach Enamel for the discerning restoration specialist or enthusiast. In addition to this, the later gloss finish was also being used, but there is no definitive change over date.
RAF Blue Matt Pre 1956 – Further information for your interest
- Technical bits you may want to know. Paintman RAF Blue Matt Pre 1956 Coach Paint is a traditional, ultra-high quality, high build, long oil synthetic enamel. It is ideal for brushing, rollering or spray application. If you are intendng to spray your RAF Blue Matt Pre 1956 it will require diluting by around 5-10% using the correct Paintman Coach Enamel Thinners. It is important to use the correct thinners as not doing so could impair the high gloss finish or delay drying times.
- Paintman Paint gives you the ultimate high gloss, build and scratch filling properties. This also combines with excellent water resistant, flexibility, toughness and good exterior durability. Paintman Coach Enamel gives extra-long wet edge time allowing brushing without brush drag.
- When using Paintman Coach Enamel ensure surfaces are clean and dry to remove all contaminants. We suggest using our Surface cleaner 2800 for painted surfaces or our Surface Cleaner 2802 for bare metal, these will remove oil and other contamination off the surface to be painted. Just prior to painting, wipe the surface with a Tack Rag to remove dust and other loose contaminants.
- Sizes available. RAF Blue Matt Pre 1956 comes in 1 litre, 2.5 litre and 5 litre cans. If you require larger quantities, please contact us.
- For more information please have a look at our methods of use page . Alternatively, ask us a question at our Contact page.
- Everything we stock we use. There is no compromise. Quality is our key we will not compromise on this goal.