MOD Recon Blue Green paint is a traditional single part Synthetic Coach Enamel paint, used by the Ministry of Defence (MOD) to paint all of their reconditioned engines, gearboxes and other mechanical items. Recon engine blue is rated up to 170 degrees centigrade thereby being perfect for engines and other heat affected areas such as brake calipers. This makes for a perfect Coach Paint for the discerning restoration specialist or enthusiast. It has been matched against new mechanical items, still boxed in original packing from Land Rover. MOD Recon Engine Blue Green is also known as Recon Engine Green, Ex Army Recon Engine Blue, Duck Egg Green, Duck Egg Blue, Ex Army Engine Paint amongst others. This colour was used by all of the British Armed Services.
MOD Recon Blue Green – Other interesting information.
- Technical bits you may want to know. Paintman MOD Recon Blue Green Coach Paint is a traditional, ultra-high quality, high build, long oil synthetic enamel. It is ideal for brushing, rollering or spray application. If you are choosing to spray, it will require diluting by around 5-10% using the correct Paintman Coach Enamel Thinners. It is important to use the correct thinners as not doing so could impair the high gloss finish or delay drying times.
- Paintman MOD Recon Blue Green gives you the ultimate high gloss, build and scratch filling properties. This also combines with excellent water resistant, flexibility, toughness and good exterior durability. Paintman Coach Enamel is manufactured to give an extra-long wet edge time allowing it to be brushed without brush drag.
- When using Paintman Coach Enamel ensure surfaces being painted are dry, and must be cleaned to remove all contaminants. Therefore, we suggest using our Surface cleaner 2800 for painted surfaces or our Surface Cleaner 2802 for bare metal, these will remove oil and other contamination off the surface to be painted. Just prior to painting, wipe the surface with a Tack Rag to remove dust and other loose contaminants.
- Sizes available. MOD Recon Blue Green is supplied in 500ml, 1 litre, 2.5 litre and 5 litre cans. If you require larger quantities, please contact us.
- For more information please have a look at our methods of use page . Alternatively, ask us a question at our Contact page.
- Everything we stock we use. There is no compromise. Quality is our key we will not compromise on this goal.