Etch Primer – Light Grey. This Etch Primer – Light Grey is manufactured to the highest standards for all of our Premium Quality Coach Enamel. This would be used for any areas of bare metal prior to being over painted with Coach Enamel. Etch Primer – Light Grey is used as the first coat when preparing your project. Before using it is highly recommended that you use our Surface Cleaner 2802 as this will remove oil and other contamination off the surface to be painted.
Etch Primer – Light Grey – Further information of interest
- Technical bits you may want to know. Paintman Etch Primer – Light Grey should ideally be sprayed as it dries exceedingly quickly. If you are intendng to spray your Etch Primer it will require diluting by around 10-20% using the correct Paintman Etch Primer Thinners. It is important to use the correct thinners as not doing so could impair the finish or delay drying times. Do not be tempted to use Coach Enamel thinners as they would curdle. Do not use Standard Thinners as these are recycled and contain a high water content. This could cause micro-blistering if not totally dried before applying the top coat.
- Paintman Primer will give you the ultimate finish and scratch filling properties. This also combines with excellent water resistant, flexibility, toughness and good exterior durability.
- When using Paintman products ensure surfaces are clean and dry to remove all contaminants. We suggest using our Surface cleaner 2800 for painted surfaces or our Surface Cleaner 2802 for bare metal, these will remove oil and other contamination off the surface to be painted. Just prior to painting, wipe the surface with a Tack Rag to remove dust and other loose contaminants.
- Sizes available. Etch Primer – Light Grey Supplied in 1 litre, 2.5 litre, 5 litre cans and 400ml aerosols. If you require larger quantities, please contact us.
- For more information please have a look at our methods of use page . Alternatively, ask us a question at our Contact page.
- Everything we stock we use. There is no compromise. Quality is our key we will not compromise on this goal.