Mordant T Wash Solution. Mordant T Wash Solution is manufactured to a formulation originally developed by British Railways. T Wash was specifically designed for use as an etching solution for newly treated galvanised steel and zintec.
Mordant T Wash Solution – more information of interest for you
- To get the best results the surfaces to be etched should be sound, clean and dry. Ensure surfaces being painted are dry, and cleaned to remove all contaminants, using our Surface cleaner 2800 for painted surfaces. These will remove oil and other contamination off the surface to be painted. Just prior to painting, wipe the surface with a Tack Rag to remove dust and other loose contaminants.
- Before applying your Mordant T Wash Solution ensure you are wearing suitable protection including gloves and goggles. As with all our products this is a professional product for getting a professional result.
- Apply a liberal coat of T Wash and allow to turn black. Once this has happened, wash with clean water. This is usually after it is fully dried. Any areas that haven’t turned black, (usually due to surface contamination) should be abraded using a suitable abrasive paper, then re-apply, however avoid over application as any pooling may result in the formation of fine brown deposits of copper. After rinsing with clean water and allowing to dry before priming.
- Very Important – Once the pre-treated Mordant T Wash Solution surface has dried, it should be over painted with the appropriate metal primer within 48 hours or contamination may occur, affecting the end result. The primer can either be Etch Primer or Filler primer.
- 1 Litre of Mordant T Wash should cover around 10 – 12 square metres. It must be brushed on and definitely not sprayed. T Wash should be stored between 5 -25 degrees C and when not in use, cans should be kept sealed. For guidance, T Wash has a 12 month shelf life from the delivery date in their original containers.
- Mordant T Wash is a professional product for professional use and should be treated with care and respect to get the best out of it.