EAU DE NIL. Used in the cabs of most RAF specialist vehicles, including Fire Appliances, Land Rovers, airfield vehicles, tractors and lorries. Commonly called Cockpit Green this was the standard colour for the interior areas. It got the nickname of Cockpit Green from being used in the Older RAF aircraft (although this is a totally different shade). This name has stuck with us for all these years.
The rumoured origin of Eau De Nil. The reputed reason for Eau de Nil being used was that the Royal Air Force and Air Ministry found the colour to be relaxing to the eyes of personnel. Normally this was when they were sat in aircraft or vehicles for long periods of time.
Here at Paintman Paint, we take pride in only producing the highest quality, hand mixed paint that will give you the ultimate high gloss finish, superb coverage with high build and scratch filling properties. In addition to this it gives excellent water resistance, flexibility, toughness and exterior durability.Eau De Nil can also be used in conjunction with Tintable Raptor Tough Protection systems.
We are now able to exclusively offer a choice of Enamel to meet your application method
- Traditional Synthetic Coach Enamel – Our traditional formula gives you superb coverage and ideal for brushing and rollering. Drying times are longer to allow for self levelling, can also be sprayed.
- Quick drying Enamel – Spray Only – A quick drying formula perfect for bodyshops and experienced sprayers. Expected drying times between 2-3 hours.
Additional information of interest
- Spray application. All of our Coach Enamels will need to be diluted by around 5-10% using Paintman Coach Enamel Thinners, thus ensuring the highest quality finish and maintaining correct drying times.
- Surface Preparation. Prior to painting ensure all surfaces are clean and dry to remove any contaminants. We recommend using our Surface cleaner 2800 for painted surfaces or our Surface Cleaner 2802 for bare metal. Just prior to painting, wipe the surface with a Tack Rag to remove dust and other loose contaminants.
- Sizes available. Eau De Nil, offered in our standard range of 1 litre, 2.5 litre and 5 litre cans. Aerosols in all colour variants are available, however if the option is not listed, please contact us for further information. Special order aerosols are subject to a min. order quantity of 4
- Painting tips and advice. Check out our methods of use page and FAQ. Alternatively, ask us a question on our Contact page.