North Eastern Crimson Lake. A rare match to one of the original colours produced by Goodlass Wall & Co Ltd in the 1920’s. Part of the Superfine colours for coach and motor painting range. Code 3004 shared as the bottom half to Wine No 2785 A.
Type of Paint
Paintman Paint take pride in only producing top quality, hand-mixed paint. Paintman combines the best tints and resin in our formulas. This has produced a paint with outstanding coverage, build and durability.
Paintman endeavours to supply paint that is as close as possible to the original shade. Please be aware, shades may differ depending on viewing device.
We are now able to exclusively offer a choice of Enamel to meet your growing requirements:
- Traditional Synthetic Coach Enamel– Slow drying, giving the traditional element of a long wet edge. This reduces brush marks whilst increasing its self-levelling ability for a perfectly smooth finish. Our premium formula gives superb coverage. In addition to the traditional application methods of brushing and rollering, this product may also be sprayed.
- Quick Dry Enamel (Spray Only) – A quick drying enamel perfect for those who require a quick turnround. Ultraspeed has a 20 minute Flash Off time which allows for jobs that need finishing quickly. Paintman’s fast drying formula creates an excellent, durable high-gloss coverage.
- Twentyline Brushing Enamel – Polyurethane based formulation, British Rail Specification 81 approved. Twentyline is designed to protect against harsh conditions including weather, dirt and air pollution. A slow drying, long edge paint giving a superb coverage. Excellent for brush or roller application.
Due to the different resins used, you may experience slight shade variations between Ultraspeed and Coach Enamel.
Additional information of interest
- Primer & Undercoat. We recommend using the closest colour primer & undercoat to your top coat. For North Eastern Crimson Lake light grey primer and maroon undercoat.
- Spray application. All of our Enamels will need to be diluted by around 5-10% using Paintman Coach Enamel Thinners, thus ensuring the highest quality finish and maintaining correct drying times.
- Surface Preparation. Prior to painting ensure all surfaces are clean and dry to remove any contaminants. We recommend using our Surface cleaner 2800 for painted surfaces or our Surface Cleaner 2802 for bare metal. Surfaces should be keyed at each layer to maintain adhesion. Just prior to painting, wipe the surface with a Tack Rag to remove dust and other loose contaminants.
- Aerosols. Aerosols in all colour variants are available. Special order aerosols are subject to a minimum order quantity of 4, you can order these directly here.
- Painting tips and advice. Check out our methods of use page, FAQ’s or YouTube Channel for lots of hints and tips. Alternatively, ask us your question on our Contact page.