RAF Blue Grey Gloss – primarily from 1956+. RAF Blue Grey Gloss traditional single part Synthetic Coach Enamel paint has been used by the Royal Air Force for many years for the majority of non airfield from the 1950’s through to the early 1970’s. It is a perfect Coach Enamel for the discerning restoration specialist or enthusiast. The RAF Blue Grey Gloss shade has been matched against original factory painted panels, hidden from the light of day for many years on a 1960 Series 2 Land Rover, which has been owned by my family since its release from the RAF in 1970. The authenticity of Paintman RAF Blue Grey Gloss was also confirmed by a professional restorer who rebuilds nothing but leaf sprung Land Rovers and has done since the early 1970’s and still does so. This colour has also recently been matched up on a piece of bulkhead, behind the dash board on a 1953 80″ Land Rover which means the RAF were running with 2 colours before 1956. RAF Blue Grey is also known as BS381c 633.
RAF Blue Grey Gloss – Further information for your interest
- Technical bits you may want to know. Paintman RAF Blue Grey Coach Paint is a traditional, ultra high quality, high build, long oil synthetic enamel. It is ideal for brushing, rollering or spray application. If you are choosing to spray your RAF Blue Grey you should use the correct Paintman Thinners. These Thinners are specifically blended to get the best quality finish. Paintman RAF Blue Grey gives you the ultimate high gloss, build and scratch filling properties. This also combines with excellent water resistant, flexibility, toughness and good exterior durability. Paintman Coach Enamel also gives an extra long wet edge time allowing it to be brushed without brush drag.
- Ensure surfaces being painted are dry, and cleaned to remove all contaminants, using our Surface cleaner 2800 for painted surfaces or our Surface Cleaner 2802 for bare metal, these will remove oil and other contamination off the surface to be painted. Just prior to painting, wipe the surface with a Tack Rag to remove dust and other loose contaminants.
- Sizes available. RAF Blue Grey can be ordered in 1 litre, 2.5 litre or 5 litre cans for your convenience. If you require different quantities please contact us.
- For more information please have a look at our methods of use page http://www.paintman.co.uk/methods-of-use/ . Alternatively, ask us a question at our Contact page http://www.paintman.co.uk/contact-us/ .
- Paintman Paints have been awarded the World Host Accreditation for Customer Excellence.
- Everything we stock we use. There is no compromise. Quality is our key we will not compromise on this goal.