ADMIRALTY BLUE – Rover BU101. Also known as ROYAL NAVY BLUE has been used by the Royal Navy for many years for the majority of vehicles from the 1950’s through to modern times. It was also Known as Rover Admiralty blue, Rover Colour code BU101. This was the standard Rover Colour for some of the RN Staff and VIP Cars. It is a perfect Coach Enamel for the discerning restoration specialist or enthusiast. The Admiralty Blue shade has been matched against original factory painted panels, hidden from the light of day for many years on a Series 3 Land Rover, which has been owned by my family since its release from the RN in 1984. Authenticity confirmed through a professional restorer who rebuilds nothing but leaf sprung Land Rovers and has done since the early 1970’s.
Type of Paint
Here at Paintman Paint, we take pride in only producing the highest quality, hand mixed paint that will give you the ultimate high gloss finish, superb coverage with high build and scratch filling properties. In addition to this it gives excellent water resistance, flexibility, toughness and exterior durability. Admiralty Blue can also be used in conjunction with Tintable Raptor Tough Protection systems.
We are now able to exclusively offer a choice of Enamel to meet your application method
- Traditional Synthetic Coach Enamel – Our traditional formula gives you superb coverage and ideal for brushing and rollering. Drying times are longer to allow for self levelling, can also be sprayed.
- Quick drying Enamel – Spray Only – A quick drying formula perfect for bodyshops and experienced sprayers. Expected drying times between 2-3 hours.
Additional information of interest
- Spray application. All of our Coach Enamels will need to be diluted by around 5-10% using Paintman Coach Enamel Thinners, thus ensuring the highest quality finish and maintaining correct drying times.
- Surface Preparation. Prior to painting ensure all surfaces are clean and dry to remove any contaminants. We recommend using our Surface cleaner 2800 for painted surfaces or our Surface Cleaner 2802 for bare metal. Just prior to painting, wipe the surface with a Tack Rag to remove dust and other loose contaminants.
- Sizes available. Admiralty Blue, offered in our standard range of 1 litre, 2.5 litre and 5 litre cans. Aerosols in all colour variants are available, however if the option is not listed, please contact us for further information. Special order aerosols are subject to a min. order quantity of 4.
- Painting tips and advice. Check out our methods of use page and FAQ s. Alternatively, ask us a question on our Contact page.